[ANN] ThunkGen released!

Andrea Dallera

Ahem...

I am a little ashamed of the fact that i actually wasted a couple of
hours on this but i just couldn't refrain myself after i read the
"suggestion" from Robert.

You can find the code here :

http://github.com/bolthar/thunkgen

If you want to go adding phrases you're my guest :)

Philip Rhoades

Andrea,

Ahem...

I am a little ashamed of the fact that i actually wasted a couple of
hours on this but i just couldn't refrain myself after i read the
"suggestion" from Robert.

You can find the code here :

http://github.com/bolthar/thunkgen

If you want to go adding phrases you're my guest :)

Fantastic! I love it! - not wasted time at all . .

Regards,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW 2001
Australia
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

thunk

Alright! Great humor! Thunk loves it...

Thunk was researching "actors" just now...

When he started it was a different world, one of pioneers more than
great brains, he was one of them.... and so his background is
fundamentally different. No formal traning, he said that, but it also
did not stop him from getting things done for the likes of McGraw-Hill
as R&D manager for more than a few years before the universities got
any clue what was going on.

The "ru'id" is something like an actor, and you guys are absolutely
right, and thunk never said otherwise, they are trivial.

The system around them is not so trivial.

But have your fun, thunk deserves it in a way, he was an inadvertent
"troll" and doesn't conform to the norm.

Thunk is not ashamed to admit that, he's at peace that he has made an
effort to describe this thing to the guys that have replaced his
peers. Most old guys go on to "management" and such, poor dumb thunk
just enjoys programming. If he thought his efforts were useless he'd
be more than glad to give up, but he still hasn't seen a thing on the
web that looks like what he believes he can do.

Can anybody explain that?

thunk

Thunk thinks that a couple of his best thunks are captured in his wiki
page titled "capturing the aluminum moment".

If you guys think that is also a joke after considering it, then
something is seriously amiss, and thunk must conclude he has started
dropping bits, or you guys are not as smart as you think you are
yet.

he seriously can't think of anything else that makes sense.

thunk

"capturing the aluminum moment" is about the economic opportunities.

"categorization, the secret sauce" could be a key to the difference
between the role of an"actor" and a "ru'id" - and that was one of the
most interesting "revelations" that may be the key to the some of
the confusion.

==========================

about categorization:

the ru'ids are fired sequentially and the "command the stage" for only
as long as it takes them to do their schtick. The whole system is
designed, now, around this simple but strange arrangement.

When the "ru'id" is done (.0005 sec or so) its gone a record remains.
The record would be floating in space like a piece of sputnik past,
except it knows its "categorization" and the "result" of its schtick.

Those two things allow a completely domain independent "reader" to do
some useful things - and the first time thunk saw that thunk could not
sleep for a couple of days.

Peter Hickman

Well he has posted enough for a decent corpus so maybe something based on a
Markov chain would be in order.

But then again, it's not like I actually want more

Chuck Remes

Ahem...

I am a little ashamed of the fact that i actually wasted a couple of
hours on this but i just couldn't refrain myself after i read the
"suggestion" from Robert.

You can find the code here :

http://github.com/bolthar/thunkgen

If you want to go adding phrases you're my guest :)

Hilarious!

BTW, I am certain "thunk" goes out of his way to make his writing obtuse. I read some of his earlier non-boid/non-ruid posts to this list; they made sense and had (for the most part) proper syntax and grammar.

Methinks thunk likes his odd reputation. And we're just feeding it.

cr

thunk

Methinks thunk likes his odd reputation. And we're just feeding it.

cr

how many programmers get to "invent" a whole new way to get a job
done, get to be run out of town by his peers?

its the stuff of legends!

ps there was a thunk in the Icelandic sagas - he was a hero for taking
hard blows to his head and living to laugh about them, not sure what
happened to the guys he fought, they did not get recorded in the
legends.

Matt Lawrence

ps there was a thunk in the Icelandic sagas - he was a hero for taking
hard blows to his head and living to laugh about them, not sure what
happened to the guys he fought, they did not get recorded in the
legends.

There's also a Thunk in "Heroics for Beginners" by John Moore. He was
used as comic relief.

Just sayin....

-- Matt
It's not what I know that counts.

thunk

and who are the beginners?

thunk was writing code generators before many of you were born,

his dad used to say things like that, and thunk hated it, but its
still true.

Robert Dober

Hilarious!

BTW, I am certain "thunk" goes out of his way to make his writing obtuse.=
I read some of his earlier non-boid/non-ruid posts to this list; they made=
sense and had (for the most part) proper syntax and grammar.
Methinks thunk likes his odd reputation. And we're just feeding it.
I agree and I feel a little bit guilty about it, however we had some
fun, what's soo bad about this. Thunk is not just a normal troll she
is a troll of a higher level, a meta troll, that should gain her some
respect after all. And she reacted quite well to what might have been
taken badely by lots of others, my respect for that too. But I agree a
troll she remains and I will stop feeding her now *promised*.
BTW.
Complimenti Andrea!

R.
Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilou=
s.=94
--- Confucius

thunk

The troll rode in here looking for the answer to the question, that,
in retrospect could be worded so:

"they are members of a group, they are minimalistic, they
are ..blablabla and they remind the group seems like a "Swarm" so I
will start with "Boid".

Boid carries AI baggage offending some, intriguing others, and
dazzling not a few.

Circles were gone in, kophs were butted, gurus passed judgements,
mullas mulled and so on....

A nekkid ru'id was posted, examples given, .................

"Actors" were suggest but they are all tied up in more trivial seeming
tasklets

"ABS" doesn't impress (at least what was turned up in 1/2 hour of....

Bottom.bottom.bottom line nobody has been able to tell the troll what
the freak'n thingy is:

sooo, the troll must assume

1. nobody cares anymore
2. nobody really understands (even looking right at a nekkid one)
3. the troll has done something to register at least a
"interesting" (but nobody has the balls to acknowledge)
4. the troll is wacked

the troll thinks a mix of 1&2&3, yaaa some 4 (what else is new)
but lots of 2 and enough 3 to make the troll even more
curious what is the REAL big picture is.

and also the troll is frustrated, yes, frustrated because the domain
she is working in is not where the greatest Good is to be done.
trinkgeld ya, but not much for good.

but screw it, enough is enough

posting now so this is DONE, the troll will not feed herself, she's
not of that sort...

and that dot.com startup theory? the troll thinks you guys may be
eating some of the wrong mushrooms.

thunk

ps this is the most fun the troll has had in awhile, she's off now to
write a book on:

How Emergent Swarms build knowledge farms in the clouds; and why your
shopping basket just laughed at you

or

how to make ru'id behavior pay

she's still pondering on that choice

Robert Klemme

The troll rode in here looking for the answer to the question, that,
in retrospect could be worded so:

"they are members of a group, they are minimalistic, they
are ..blablabla and they remind the group seems like a "Swarm" so I
will start with "Boid".

There is no question in that paragraph. This is an example of what made
me stop listening.
Bottom.bottom.bottom line nobody has been able to tell the troll what
the freak'n thingy is:

IMHO it's your part to explain what all this is about. Either you have
an idea for a design or software architecture and want our judgment. Or
you present some ideas and want to know what architecture would fit that
or whether that thing does exist already. But it's your turn to convey
your point. We can only help by asking questions about things that are
not clear to us.
sooo, the troll must assume

1. nobody cares anymore

Well, fact is that with the flow of posts and news coming our way most
of us employ some form of heuristic that stops following a topic if they
did not get to the bottom of the issue after a certain time. Given that
I'd say people have followed your "boit" stuff pretty long.
2. nobody really understands (even looking right at a nekkid one)

I believe this is the main problem. For whatever reasons people did not
or do not seem to understand what all this is about.
3. the troll has done something to register at least a
"interesting" (but nobody has the balls to acknowledge)

That's not true: IIRC several people have stated interest in your
project but failed at point 2 of your list.
posting now so this is DONE, the troll will not feed herself, she's
not of that sort...

Apparently you broke your vow already... :)

Cheers

robert

PS: I don't think it is a good idea to invest time in a piece of
software as that advertised in this thread.

Andrea Dallera

PS: I don't think it is a good idea to invest time in a piece of
software as that advertised in this thread.

It's not. But it was very little time and it's been fun :)

Seebs

It's not. But it was very little time and it's been fun :)

Sometimes, it's a good idea to spend some time doing something that is
recreational but not of any other particular value.

-s

Robert Dober

It's not. But it was very little time and it's been fun :)
What puzzles me, dear Andrea, is that in some cultures you still need
to appologize for having fun... while you can criticize with a grim
voice as much as you want, as long as you make believe that you are
unhappy ('cause that makes you serious, laughable).
Cheers
R.

--=20