Any browser experts here?

phaedrus

Hi guys,

I have a problem with very busy blog pages that contain nested
comments. Here's an example of exactly the kind of page I mean:

http://order-order.com/2009/08/22/wh...bama/#comments

Every once in a while, I'll post a comment of my own, but when this
happens, the browser automatically refreshes the page, downloading a
whole bunch of new comments. The new and the old are identical in
style and so impossible to differentiate between so I get mixed up.
How can I prevent my browser refreshing the page when all I want to do
is post a comment?
Thanks!

Andrew Poelstra

Hi guys,

I have a problem with very busy blog pages that contain nested
comments. Here's an example of exactly the kind of page I mean:

http://order-order.com/2009/08/22/wh...bama/#comments

Every once in a while, I'll post a comment of my own, but when this
happens, the browser automatically refreshes the page, downloading a
whole bunch of new comments. The new and the old are identical in
style and so impossible to differentiate between so I get mixed up.
How can I prevent my browser refreshing the page when all I want to do
is post a comment?
Thanks!

Google "AJAX tutorial" or "Asychronous javascript".

This question has nothing to do with C, which is the topic of this
newsgroup. I recommend you try somewhere else (perhaps a Javascript
or PHP group, or more likely a website or recent book), because you
won't find help here!

HTH. HAND.

phaedrus

Google "AJAX tutorial" or "Asychronous javascript".

Thanks, Andrew. Yeah, I know it's not really a C question, but I know
there are plenty of seriously knowledgeable folks here who know more
about these things than I and I kinda expected someone somewhere would
know. The browser forums such as they are are pretty moribund, I'm
afraid.
I'll checkout your tip.

Andrew Poelstra

Thanks, Andrew. Yeah, I know it's not really a C question, but I know
there are plenty of seriously knowledgeable folks here who know more
about these things than I and I kinda expected someone somewhere would
know. The browser forums such as they are are pretty moribund, I'm
afraid.
I'll checkout your tip.

At risk of spamming up the group, I'll offer one more tip:

[OT]
Yes, there is a lot of garbage out there on the Internet. Over time
you'll figure out what's correct and what's not (ie, what's portable
and accessible, and what's not), but it often isn't easy.

Two very good resources are:
http://dev.opera.com
http://www.nczonline.com
[/OT]