Any way to do relative path with SSL

JerryK

Hi,

We have a couple of pages on the site that need to be secure. Is there any
way to get (redirect, etc) to these pages without using an absolute path?

Alternately, the whole reason for doing this is because the certificate was
issued to mydomain.com. This causes a problem with the browser because it
sees www.mydomain.com and says there is a mismatch. Anyone know of a way
around this? (Other than getting a new certificate.)

Thanks

Jerry

Flip

We have a couple of pages on the site that need to be secure. Is there
any
way to get (redirect, etc) to these pages without using an absolute path?
I'm not 100% sure this will work with HTTPS, but it did work for me with
http and the logic is sound and should work for you too. If you use the
runat="server" on a control and use the tilde (~) to prefix your URL, you
should get the web app's context for free. You have to have the control be
run at server otherwise you won't get the .NET framework recognizing it
needs to change the tilde for the context path.

HTH.

bruce barker

1) no you need an absolute path becuase you need to specify the protocol.
2) you need a new certificate. the whole point of a certificate is it
guarantees the domain name is correct.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)