Anyone know of a good C# book?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alan Silver, Feb 6, 2005.

  1. Alan Silver

    Alan Silver Guest

    Hello,

    Thanks to some wonderful advice form this group, I am actually getting a
    little bit good at this ASP.NET thing!! I have created pages that could
    even be useful!!

    Anyway, one place where I am struggling is that the book I'm using
    (ASP.NET Unleashed by Stephen Walther, good in almost every other
    respect) doesn't have any kind of reference for the C# language. I keep
    getting stuck in cases where I know what I want to do, but don't know
    how to do it.

    So, any suggestions? I should point out that I have been programming for
    over 20 years, I'm not a beginner, so I don't need a dummy's book. Just
    a clear reference book with plenty of examples would be fine. There are
    so many books around that it's hard to know what's good and what's not
    ;-)

    TIA

    Alan Silver, Feb 6, 2005

  2. Mark Fitzpatrick, Feb 6, 2005

  3. Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Feb 6, 2005
  4. The best book I've found so far is Beginner's C# by Herb Schilde. Very
    thorough and easy to read.

    drhowarddrfinedrhoward, Feb 6, 2005
  5. Alan Silver

    Smithers Guest

    I did a lot of research on this topic... my vote is for "C# and the .NET
    Platform" by Andrew Troelsen (A! Press).

    Smithers, Feb 6, 2005
  6. Alan Silver

    Alan Silver Guest

    Hello,

    (replying to my own post so as not so show favouritism)

    Thanx to everyone who answered here. I am a bit spoilt for choice, but
    you have given me something to go on. Between that lot I should sort
    myself out.

    Alan Silver, Feb 9, 2005