Anything like Mason in Ruby?

Mills Thomas (app1tam)

Hi,

I'm interested in server-side dynamic web content. I've had some experience
with ColdFusion and Perl. I have a Mason book coming in the mail, though I
have no experience in Mason, yet. I'm curious what is the best Ruby-ish way
to do server-side processing. I've looked at mod_ruby and eruby. Is this
the closest match to Mason?

My goal here is to compare the ease of producing DB-based content using
ColdFusion (which I'm experienced with through work) with using Mason or
using a Ruby solution at home. My home needs don't need scalability. It
only needs to be easy and quick to write.

[For those who don't know, Mason is a Perl solution for server-side
processing with Apache.]

Drew

Aredridel

--=-ZZ8Ajs9pVgmqhL1ykmTe
[For those who don't know, Mason is a Perl solution for server-side
processing with Apache.]

Drew, you may seriously want to look at Amrita. It's got a nice feature
set for what you want to do, I suspect. The site is:

http://www.brain-tokyo.jp/research/amrita/

Ari

--=-ZZ8Ajs9pVgmqhL1ykmTe

--=-ZZ8Ajs9pVgmqhL1ykmTe--