Apache not Interpreting Ruby or Something ...

nobrow

Still cannot get Ruby/Rails/Apache to play together. Have mod_ruby
installed and loaded and I think I have setup fcgi properly, but when
I try an "Hello Rails World" example I just get

Code:
#!/usr/bin/ruby18
#
# You may specify the path to the FastCGI crash log (a log of
unhandled
# exceptions which forced the FastCGI instance to exit, great for
debugging)
# and the number of requests to process before running garbage
collection.
#
# By default, the FastCGI crash log is RAILS_ROOT/log/
fastcgi.crash.log
# and the GC period is nil (turned off).  A reasonable number of
requests
# could range from 10-100 depending on the memory footprint of your
app.
#
# Example:
#   # Default log path, normal GC behavior.
#   RailsFCGIHandler.process!
#
#   # Default log path, 50 requests between GC.
#   RailsFCGIHandler.process! nil, 50
#
#   # Custom log path, normal GC behavior.
#   RailsFCGIHandler.process! '/var/log/myapp_fcgi_crash.log'
#
require File.dirname(__FILE__) + "/../config/environment"
require 'fcgi_handler'

RailsFCGIHandler.process!

Please suggest solutions.

Mikel Lindsaar

I am sure you would get a lot better help at the ruby on rails talk group.

I would suggest posting there with the operating system you are using,
the version of apache, what verstion of Ruby you are using and what
version of rails.

The problem will 99.99999999% chance be in your configuration.

The people here are all about ruby itself, not rails

Good luck!

Mikel

[...]

Typically I got it soon after posting. I hadn't configured Apache with
the required flag (-D FCGID) to make the fcgi module load. After that
there were just a load of annoying permissions problems, and now I am
finally on Rails.