Approval from an email (digital signature is used)

sweetpotatop

Hi,

I have an ASP.NET web application, that sends out email for approval,
which digital signature will be used in the email.

I would like to know, from programming point of view, how can I
retrieve the information (approved or not), once the email is replied?

Subsequently, how can this approval information be written to SQL
Database once email arrives (or at least there is a trigger or
something that write directly to the DB)

Please advice. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

There are a couple of ways to skin this cat.

One is to code against your mail server to retrieve messages from a certain
box. Another is to create your own "mail server" that accepts the returned
messages (this can be a forward from a "real" mail server). the important
point is you need to know when mail comes in, either automatically (as in
the "mail server" methdology) or by polling.

Once you have the message, you can code software to take that message and
insert what you need in SQL Server.

I would imagine someone has already coded a mail reply system like you are
looking for and it would probably be cheaper to buy than build. If that
approach is impossible for your situation, there are numerous open source
email servers you can download (more in C# than VB) and implement your own
digital signature receiving software.