    I know this is asked a lot. I checked other threads and tried everything
    everyone suggested, but still can't get it to work.

    Any ideas?

    Westley, May 21, 2006

  2. Westley

    Mike Brind Guest

    All of the group's mind readers get to take the weekend off ;-) So
    what does "can't get asp to work" mean? What have you tried? Do you
    get an error message? If so, what is it?

    Mike Brind, May 21, 2006

  3. Westley

    Westley Guest

    :)

    I have tried opening the file (i.e default.asp, index.asp. etc) with IE, but
    it only shows the code in IE. It doesn't show the actual page.

    I have uninstalled and reinstalled ASP. I do not get any error pages.

    Wes

    Westley, May 22, 2006
  4. I have tried opening the file (i.e default.asp, index.asp. etc) with IE,
    What does "tried opening" mean? Did you use http://localhost/.../file.asp,
    or did you use c:\inetpub\wwwroot\...\file.asp?

    Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP], May 22, 2006
  5. Westley

    Westley Guest

    I used c:\inetpub\wwwroot\...\file.asp

    Westley, May 22, 2006
  6. Westley

    @sh Guest

    Bless you mate, you're just about to discover ASP and how it runs from a
    servers point of view - we've all been there.

    Firstly, you need to check that IIS default website is pointing to the
    folder you expect it to, normally 'wwwroot', into there put your index.asp
    or default.asp (etc etc).

    To view your file open up Internet Explorer, enter http://localhost/

    The server should present your default document, if not try going direct to
    the file in question, i.e.

    http://localhost/default.asp

    Good luck!

    Cheers, @sh