ASP database connectivity KB253604

gpeacock

As a novice user of VB.Net I have finally narrowed down
one of my problems to KB Article 253604 "Microsoft Access
Database Connectivity Fails in Active Server Pages".

When trying to display a datagrid on an ASP page the
error reads "The MS Jet database engine cannot open the
file (MyDB)- It is already opened exclusively by another
user, or you need permission to view its data." The
article says the problem is with Anonymous Access &
Authentication and/or folder permissions (including temp
folders assigned to TEMP and TMP variables).

The resolution instructions describe dialog boxes that
are different than mine (Authentication Methods). I'm
using VB.Net Standard 2002 on XP Professional; I've tried
opening up folder permissions but it didn't help.

Can anyone give me a clue as to how to solve this problem?

Michael Evanchik

Make sure the NETWORK service has write permissions to that folder. I
beleive internet guest account and aspnet service you can play with as
well. Thats usually the problem 99% of the time.

Download ntfilemon from sysinternals.com and you will see exactly
access denied messages and etc