ASP directory browsing page

Stephen Green

I'm using the code found at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224364 called
Creating a Directory Browsing Page Using ASP.

The code works fine. I would like to find a way NOT to show hidden files or
folders. I don't know (if it's possible) how to test for the hidden
attrobute and create an IF condition that will allow only non-hidden files
and folders to show up.

Also, can anyone suggest how to add an "up directory" link (like you might
see in Windows Explorer) to this page?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Stephen

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

Stephen Green said:
I'm using the code found at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224364
called
Creating a Directory Browsing Page Using ASP.

The code works fine. I would like to find a way NOT to show hidden files
or
folders. I don't know (if it's possible) how to test for the hidden
attrobute and create an IF condition that will allow only non-hidden files
and folders to show up.

Also, can anyone suggest how to add an "up directory" link (like you might
see in Windows Explorer) to this page?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Can we stick to the original thread?

--
Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Roland Hall

in message
: "Stephen Green" wrote in message
: : > I'm using the code found at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224364
: > called
: > Creating a Directory Browsing Page Using ASP.
: >
: > The code works fine. I would like to find a way NOT to show hidden
files
: > or
: > folders. I don't know (if it's possible) how to test for the hidden
: > attrobute and create an IF condition that will allow only non-hidden
files
: > and folders to show up.
: >
: > Also, can anyone suggest how to add an "up directory" link (like you
might
: > see in Windows Explorer) to this page?
: >
: > Thanks for any help you can offer.
:
: Can we stick to the original thread?

[...]