ASP file system object question ...

Rick Simons

I have multiple IIS servers, all the same version and patch level. However,
a recursive file display page that works on 2 of my servers, doesn't work on
the third.

strPhysicalPath = Server.MapPath(".")
strPhysicalPath = strPhysicalPath & "\"
For Each file In objFSO.GetFolder(strPhysicalPath).Files

Like I said, it works on all the other IIS boxes except one. The page just
processes, but never displays an error, timeout or otherwise. it just sits
there. I've checked the IIS settings and they are the same as the machines
that the script works on. I've reinstalled IIS to see if it was something
with iislockdown, but still nothing. i've even formatted and installed
clean just to make sure there were no 3rd party security applications
causing trouble behind the scenes.

Does anyone have any thoughts about what it could be in IIS that is causing
this to fail?

Rick Simons

I added iusr_hostname to read & execute, read and list folder contents
security credentials on the folder and still having the same problem.

I changed it to try to hit a different folder and same issue. Any thoughts?
It is very simple code, just created to show all xyz file extensions in a
folder and create a link ... very simple. Frustrating though to see it work
on two servers but fail on a 3rd.

Rick Simons

Thanks Aaron, I believe it is the norton script blocker as that is on server
x but not y and z.

I appreciate your time,

Rick.