ASP/HTML

Tim Johnson

Hi,

I am rather new to ASP so please forgive any
ignorance... I have an ASP page that contains 3 drop
down lists, I also have 3 hyperlinks, what I want to do
is to when the user clicks on the hyperlink that the
hyperlink passes the values of the 3 drop down lists as
part of the link. e.g. The values of the drop down lists
are 01, 07, 2003 I want the hyperlink to be "locate.asp?
d=01&m=07&y=2003"

Help?

Evertjan.

Tim Johnson wrote on 07 jul 2003 in
I am rather new to ASP so please forgive any
ignorance... I have an ASP page that contains 3 drop
down lists, I also have 3 hyperlinks, what I want to do
is to when the user clicks on the hyperlink that the
hyperlink passes the values of the 3 drop down lists as
part of the link. e.g. The values of the drop down lists
are 01, 07, 2003 I want the hyperlink to be "locate.asp?
d=01&m=07&y=2003"

ASP is serverside code, and you are only asking for clientside code.

you can do this as a <form method=get>, but it rather gets out of the scope
of this asp ng.

Mosley

Tim Johnson said:
Hi,

I am rather new to ASP so please forgive any
ignorance... I have an ASP page that contains 3 drop
down lists, I also have 3 hyperlinks, what I want to do
is to when the user clicks on the hyperlink that the
hyperlink passes the values of the 3 drop down lists as
part of the link. e.g. The values of the drop down lists
are 01, 07, 2003 I want the hyperlink to be "locate.asp?
d=01&m=07&y=2003"

Help?

here is a sample below

you can change the method atribuite on the form to GET if you want, but then
you need to replace "Request.Form" to Request.QueryString

<%
list1 = Request.Form("select1")

list2 = Request.Form("select2")

Response.Write list1 & " " & list2

%>
<FORM action="iis.asp" method=POST>
<SELECT id=select1 name=select1>
<option>a</option>
<option>b</option>
<option>c</option>
</SELECT>

<SELECT id=select2 name=select2>
<option>1</option>
<option>2</option>
<option>3</option>
</SELECT>

<INPUT type="submit" value="Submit" id=submit1 name=submit1>
</form>