ASP KeyboardInterrupt errors

Steve Holden

[repost due to non-appearance of mailed posting]

I'm mailing the list in the hope that somebody has come up with a solution
to the occasional spurious "Keyboard Interrupt" exception that gets raised
in the ASP environment. It's a little awkward to explain to my client why
his COM server is failing this way, and the logic of the application makes
it difficult to trap the exception and repeat what's already been done.

I can't find anything with Google that makes it look like this problem is
still being addressed.

regards

Max M

Steve said:
[repost due to non-appearance of mailed posting]

I'm mailing the list in the hope that somebody has come up with a solution
to the occasional spurious "Keyboard Interrupt" exception that gets raised
in the ASP environment. It's a little awkward to explain to my client why
his COM server is failing this way, and the logic of the application makes
it difficult to trap the exception and repeat what's already been done.

I can't find anything with Google that makes it look like this problem is
still being addressed.

I have saved a hack for this:

From:
"Chris Prinos" <[email protected]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 00:21:56 GMT
Newsgroups:
comp.lang.python

I had the same issue with my IIS system, and had to use a workaround that
disables the KeyboardInterrupt from being processed. The code I use is
shown below.

see http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2001-April/039881.html and
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2002-April/099002.html for an
explanation

Chris
----------------

<!--
These first two script blocks are needed because IIS looks for a SCRIPT
block in the default scripting language of the server. That could be
JScript or VBScript, but it won't be Python.

This is only a problem for this global.asa file.
-->
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=Jscript RUNAT=Server>
function dummy() {}
</SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=VBScript RUNAT=Server>
Sub dummy2
ignore = "me"
End Sub
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=Python RUNAT=Server>
def Application_OnStart():
# this signal code is a workaround for a bug that causes
# Ctl-C keyboard interrupts to be sent to the python activex engine.
# Not sure if this is a problem with ASP, or python, but if the
# handler is not provided, KeyboardInterrupts will pop up in the most
# inoportune places.
import signal
def noOp(a,b): pass
signal.signal(signal.SIGINT, noOp)
</SCRIPT>

Mark Hammond

Max said:
I have saved a hack for this: ....

From:
"Chris Prinos" <[email protected]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 00:21:56 GMT
Newsgroups:
comp.lang.python

I had the same issue with my IIS system, and had to use a workaround that
disables the KeyboardInterrupt from being processed. The code I use is
shown below.

see http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2001-April/039881.html and
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2002-April/099002.html for an
explanation

Note that recent win32alls also have this hack in place.

Mark.