ASP.NET Access denied to resources in other machines

Fabricio Sperandio

Hi everyone,

I have an ASP.NET application that access resources (files) in an other
servers (machines) rather than the localhost.

I am using Windows Authentication and impersonating the user.

It works fine when I run local but when I am accessing this application from
a third computer the application ask for the user credentials. I tried the
same user I was running local, other users with access rights to the
resource and nothing works. I simple can't access!

If I try to access a file in the Web server. It works fine too.

What's the matter here?

Thanks for your attention,

Fabrício

Chad Crowder

Check to make sure that the account logging in has read/write access to the
folder:

C:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files

That's created problems for me, when I've had my source code on a network
storage array with IIS on a different system (and using impersonation), but
normally I specify the useraccount that I want the application to use when I
set the impersonation flag.

Let me know if that helps.

- Chad