ASP.NET and active directory code

Patrick.O.Ige

I am using the code found on microsoft site

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326340

And when i run it i get an error:
"Error authenticating. Error authenticating user. A referral was returned
from the server"

But i don't think i am inputtiing the domain and username well!!
Can you help how i should input the domain and username in the code below...
U can also see the code at :-
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326340

Dim domainAndUsername As String = domain & "\" & username
Dim entry As DirectoryEntry = New DirectoryEntry(_path, domainAndUsername,
pwd)

Waiting for your advice and help..