ASP.NET application: A connection with the server could not be established

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jules Hoppenbrouwers, Aug 28, 2003.

  1. I developed an ASP.NET application with Visual Studio .NET 2003 on a
    Windows XP Pro machine. Everything seemed to work ok. One I was
    working on this application while I was still dialled in. When I
    disconnected I could not open my application in
    http://localhost/webapp

    Visual Studio .NET 2003 gives me the following error when I try to
    open my application:
    "The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create
    or open the Web project located at the following
    URL:'http://localhost/webapp'.'A connection with the server could not
    be established'."

    What I alread tried is:
    - Connect again to the internet and open the applciation. This
    works!!! But when I disconnect again I get the same error. I'm logged
    on to my laptop that I'm working on with a domain user. I can also
    work offline with this domain user. Maybe IIS want to connect to the
    domain? Since I had a open analog connection when I was
    developing/running my ASP.NET application?

    - Run aspnet_issnet -i and restart. No effect.

    - When I create a new ASP.NET application with VS.NET 2003 I get the
    same error as above. But when I connect to the internet again I can
    create new APS.NET application...

    Can anybody help me? Why, all of a sudden, do I need to connect to the
    internet to run local webapplication on my localhost???

    Thank you,

    Kind regards,

    Jules Hoppenbrouwers

    < don't reply by email. it's just a spam catcher >

    Jules Hoppenbrouwers, Aug 28, 2003

  2. {SNIPPED}

    your cmd prompt should be "aspnet_regiis -i"

    not "aspnet_issnet -i".

    Also, see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
    us;812405

    HTH