ASP.NET application: A connection with the server could not be established

Jules Hoppenbrouwers

I developed an ASP.NET application with Visual Studio .NET 2003 on a
Windows XP Pro machine. Everything seemed to work ok. One I was
working on this application while I was still dialled in. When I
disconnected I could not open my application in
http://localhost/webapp

Visual Studio .NET 2003 gives me the following error when I try to
open my application:
"The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create
or open the Web project located at the following
URL:'http://localhost/webapp'.'A connection with the server could not
be established'."

What I alread tried is:
- Connect again to the internet and open the applciation. This
works!!! But when I disconnect again I get the same error. I'm logged
on to my laptop that I'm working on with a domain user. I can also
work offline with this domain user. Maybe IIS want to connect to the
domain? Since I had a open analog connection when I was
developing/running my ASP.NET application?

- Run aspnet_issnet -i and restart. No effect.

- When I create a new ASP.NET application with VS.NET 2003 I get the
same error as above. But when I connect to the internet again I can
create new APS.NET application...

Can anybody help me? Why, all of a sudden, do I need to connect to the
internet to run local webapplication on my localhost???

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Jules Hoppenbrouwers

< don't reply by email. it's just a spam catcher >

Jerry Hammond

[...]

{SNIPPED}

your cmd prompt should be "aspnet_regiis -i"

not "aspnet_issnet -i".

Also, see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
us;812405

HTH