ASP.NET Application Timeout

Aric Warsaw via .NET 247

Dear .NET247,
Is there a way to keep an asp.net application from timingout through web.config. I'm under the impression that thiswould be different from a session timeout. The reason I needit to keep alive is that we're using a global.asax file tocontrol hits, sessions, and the like. If the applicationterminates then all these values will be set back to zero untilthe application restarts. I've thought about two ways aroundthis. One was creating an empty session that never really endsand the other was to take all the global.asax info to thedatabase. I'm not really interested in either of these becausesession management is already being used to control access topages, and hits and session information isn't really critical. Any ideas would be great!. Thanks.

-AW-