ASP.Net applicaton deployment problem.

nick

Hi, I created an Asp.Net application in a directory, say 'calendar'. It
works well on my local PC with Url http://localhost/calendar/calendar.aspx.

And I uploaded to my host. But the host provide the URL as
http://site227.webhost4life.com/williamgeorg/calendar/calendar.aspx. And it
raised the following error. I guess the added williamgeorg caused the
problem? How should I handle it? Thanks.

Server Error in '/williamgeorg' Application.
----

Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'calendar.calendar'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="calendar.aspx.cs"
AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="calendar.calendar" %>
Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >
Line 3: <HTML>

Source File:
c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\williamgeorg\calendar\calendar.aspx Line:
1

Derek Harmon

nick said:
works well on my local PC with Url http://localhost/calendar/calendar.aspx.

And I uploaded to my host. But the host provide the URL as
http://site227.webhost4life.com/williamgeorg/calendar/calendar.aspx. And it
raised the following error. I guess the added williamgeorg caused the
problem? How should I handle it? Thanks. : :
Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'calendar.calendar'. : :
Line 1: <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="calendar.aspx.cs"
AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="calendar.calendar" %>

Did you copy the .dll files from the /inetpub/wwwroot/calendar/bin folder to the
/bin sub-folder of ~/williamgeorg/calendar/bin? (Is there a /bin sub-folder under
calendar on the server you're deploying to?)

This is a frequent cause for this error message. When ASP.NET attempts to
build the page it will look for the type "calendar," in the namespace "calendar,"
in an assembly in the web application's /bin sub-folder. I suspect you have
such a sub-folder and assembly on your local machine, but not your web host.

Derek Harmon

nick

Thanks for your reply. I ftped everything to the server. And I found there
exists the bin directory with calendar.dll and caldendar.pdb, the same as my
local server.

veera

TRY
Line 1: <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="calendar.aspx.cs"
AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="williamgeorg.calendar" %>

INSTEAD OF