ASP.Net applicaton deployment problem.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by nick, Jul 6, 2004.

  1. nick

    nick Guest

    Hi, I created an Asp.Net application in a directory, say 'calendar'. It
    works well on my local PC with Url http://localhost/calendar/calendar.aspx.

    And I uploaded to my host. But the host provide the URL as
    http://site227.webhost4life.com/williamgeorg/calendar/calendar.aspx. And it
    raised the following error. I guess the added williamgeorg caused the
    problem? How should I handle it? Thanks.

    Server Error in '/williamgeorg' Application.
    ----

    Parser Error

    Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'calendar.calendar'.

    Source Error:

    Line 1: <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="calendar.aspx.cs"
    AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="calendar.calendar" %>
    Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >
    Line 3: <HTML>

    Source File:
    c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\williamgeorg\calendar\calendar.aspx Line:
    1

    nick, Jul 6, 2004

  2. nick

    Derek Harmon Guest

    Did you copy the .dll files from the /inetpub/wwwroot/calendar/bin folder to the
    /bin sub-folder of ~/williamgeorg/calendar/bin? (Is there a /bin sub-folder under
    calendar on the server you're deploying to?)

    This is a frequent cause for this error message. When ASP.NET attempts to
    build the page it will look for the type "calendar," in the namespace "calendar,"
    in an assembly in the web application's /bin sub-folder. I suspect you have
    such a sub-folder and assembly on your local machine, but not your web host.

    Derek Harmon

    Derek Harmon, Jul 6, 2004

  3. nick

    nick Guest

    Thanks for your reply. I ftped everything to the server. And I found there
    exists the bin directory with calendar.dll and caldendar.pdb, the same as my
    local server.

    nick, Jul 6, 2004
  4. nick

    veera Guest

    TRY
    Line 1: <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="calendar.aspx.cs"
    AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="williamgeorg.calendar" %>

    INSTEAD OF

    veera, Jul 6, 2004