asp.net can't debug from VS.Net: not a member of Debuger Group

feng

Hi,

I am trying to debug my asp.net project in VS.Net. What I
am getting is a error message that says "Error when trying
to run project: Unable to start debugger on the web
server. you do not have the permissions to debug on the
web server. Verify that you are a member of 'Debugger
Group' on the web server. Would you like to disable....."

I added myself into the Debugger group but that did help
either - I still get the same message. At the same time,
my co-worker who is not a member of Debugger group on his
machine either, but he can debug fine.

What is going on here?

Thanks

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Feng,

There are numerous causes for this.

1) You need to make sure that Windows Integrate Authentication is enabled
in IIS.
2) You need to make sure that your account (or a group you are a member
of) has full control on the directory where your application resides.
3) You need to make sure that the browser is sending your credentials. By
default, IE will only send credentials for local intranet zone
applications. That means that anything with a dot in it (considered
Internet zone) will not automatically send your credentials.

Remember, if your group membership changes, you must log off and back on
for that change to take effect.

Jim Cheshire, MCSE, MCSD [MSFT]
ASP.NET
Developer Support