ASP.NET & COMPONENTS

O_Hip

I am developing a component in VS.NET that is going to hosted on an APSX
page. Is there a way I can get a reference to the page from the component.
So I can code against some page events in my component. i.e page_load.

I need to check that a client is online each time the page that hosts the
component loads. I think that this logic should be in my component and not
in the ASPX page as not to bother any web developers with a detail that will
never change.

Thanks in advance

Dave
(e-mail address removed)

John Saunders

O_Hip said:
I am developing a component in VS.NET that is going to hosted on an APSX
page. Is there a way I can get a reference to the page from the component.
So I can code against some page events in my component. i.e page_load.

I need to check that a client is online each time the page that hosts the
component loads. I think that this logic should be in my component and not
in the ASPX page as not to bother any web developers with a detail that will
never change.

Can you have the page pass you a reference to it during construction or
initialization?