ASP.NET Deployment Problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mike, Oct 20, 2003.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    I just finished writing an ASP.NET application on my local box. Everything
    worked great so I am trying to deploy it on out company intranet.

    The problem I have is that I am getting a Runtime Error and im not sure what
    it is.

    This is the error Im getting:

    Runtime Error
    error settings for this application prevent the details of the application
    error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however,
    be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

    I went into he web.config file and my the change to get it to show detailed
    error. This is the change I made.

    <customErrors mode="Off" />

    But even though I made the change the error page isn't any different.

    Do I have to stop and start the website? I though I wouldn't have to do
    that with ASP.NET.
    Or is there something Im missing??

    Thanks in advance.
    Mike Rae

    Mike, Oct 20, 2003

  2. Mike

    Garland, J Guest

    After you fix web.config, log on to your server (e.g., via terminal server) and browse from there to
    your web site to see the real error.

    Garland, J, Oct 24, 2003