ASP.NET Deployment Problem

Mike

I just finished writing an ASP.NET application on my local box. Everything
worked great so I am trying to deploy it on out company intranet.

The problem I have is that I am getting a Runtime Error and im not sure what
it is.

This is the error Im getting:

Runtime Error
error settings for this application prevent the details of the application
error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however,
be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

I went into he web.config file and my the change to get it to show detailed
error. This is the change I made.

<customErrors mode="Off" />

But even though I made the change the error page isn't any different.

Do I have to stop and start the website? I though I wouldn't have to do
that with ASP.NET.
Or is there something Im missing??

Thanks in advance.
Mike Rae

Garland, J

After you fix web.config, log on to your server (e.g., via terminal server) and browse from there to
your web site to see the real error.