ASP.NET - DropDownList Get's First Select value

Micheal

I have an ASP.NET website using C# that has a Web Control DropDownList. The
DropDownList is filled by a database call to SQL Server. The problem is
that when I click to change what is selected from the DropDownList, it only
select the 'first' value in the DropDownList no matter what I select.

Any idea? Thanks in advance

Joe Bleaux

It sounds like you are populating your dropdown list every time the page
loads.

have a condition like this:

if not ispostback then
'fill the dropdown list