ASP.NET Forms + Frames

John

Not sure if this is the right group for this question, but here goes:

I have a page containing 2 frames.

In the top frame, I have an ASP.NET form and 2 combo boxes, selecting an
item from the first combo causes a postback to the same page, where in the
SelectedIndexChanged event I fill the second combo.

The Target property of the form is set to the bottom frame.

I have a submit button in the form, the PostBackUrl property of which is set
to a different page that writes the output I want in the bottom frame.

Whenever I select an item in the first combo, I get a copy of the top
frame's content appearing in the bottom frame (WITH the correctly populated
2nd combo). This is as I expect, as the form is posting back but the output
target is the bottom frame.

Clicking the submit button does put the correct output in the bottom frame.

My question is, how can I update the combo box contents on the form via
postback, and also redirect the submission output of the form to a different
frame?

Do I need to have 2 forms?

Can the form for the submit button be nested within the server form, if so,
how?

I'm sure there must be a simple solution to this!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

John said:
Not sure if this is the right group for this question, but here goes:

I have a page containing 2 frames.

In the top frame, I have an ASP.NET

recommended practice), but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
ASP.Net is a different technology from classic ASP. While you may be
lucky enough to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your
question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to
a newsgroup where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest

to help you.

HTH,
Bob Barrows