ASP.Net hide site in the tray???

Guest

ASP.Net hide site in the tray???

It's possible to hide a ASP.NET site in the tray?

Regards,

Gicio

Munsifali Rashid

I doubt it. ASP.NET runs on the server, and has no access to the client
requesting the data. If such a thing was possible, it would have to be done
using a client side technology, such as JavaScript.

Out of curiosity, why would you want to minimise the website to the tray
anyway?

Mun

Guest

while I will do this:

I will developing an instant messanger as ASP.NET.

Something like ICQ lite in Java Applet.

Munsifali Rashid

LIke ICQ, Yahoo also has something similar, where they emulate a cut-down
version of Yahoo Messenger in a web browser window. As far as I know,
neither of these companies web-based instant messaging products can minimise
to the system tray though.

Mun

Peter O'Reilly

You need to build a Windows Form based client application to do what you are
interested in. A Windows Form application can make and receive HTTP
Requests and Responses using the .Net framework.