ASP.NET not sending SMTP emails on Windows 2003

Guest

I have an ASP.NET application using .NET Framework 1.1 running on a Windows
2003 server. The application uses SMTP to send emails. This application was
moved from an IIS 5 machine where it worked fine. However, now on the IIS 6
server the email notification does not work. The application is using
System.Web.Mail.MailMessage. The error and trace is:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specified module could not be found. at
System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly) at
System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) at
System.Web.Mail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message) at
System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message)

Guest

I forgot to mention, SMTP is installed, configured, and running. I put a
sample message in the pickup folder and it was delivered. This leads me to
believe the problem is with the ability to create a mail message from the
system.web.mail.mailmessage class.

Guest

Here is the code. StrSMTPAddress is the IP address of the SMTP server

Private NewMessage As System.Web.Mail.MailMessage
Private NewMail As Mail.SmtpMail

NewMessage = New Mail.MailMessage
NewMessage.To = Trim(StrTo)
NewMessage.From = Trim(StrFrom)
If StrCC & "" > "" Then
NewMessage.Cc = Trim(StrCC)
End If
NewMessage.Subject = Trim(StrSubject)
NewMessage.Body = Trim(StrBody)
NewMessage.BodyFormat = Mail.MailFormat.Html
NewMail.SmtpServer = StrSMTPServer

Try
NewMail.Send(NewMessage)
Catch ex As Exception
Label1.Text = ex.ToString
Label1.Visible = True
End Try

Curt_C [MVP]

Permissions.
The user that the site runs under doesn't have permission to write to that
folder

Guest

Which folder? I think under windows 2003 the site runs under the Network
Service account, correct?