ASP.NET Question

KA Kueh

Dear all,

I have a simple application that does not work on three of four machine.
The same code works on one and the way the we setup it up is just to copy
the whole directory from release to the target. What I want to know if how
do I trace and fix the problem?, FYI, all machine runs Windows 2003
Standard Ed. Also for the first two machine with 404 error the directory and
file does exist because when I keyin the complete URL path of static page in
the application directory it does load without problem. The problem is the
aspx file, it seems to load but boms out with 404 error.

machine 1 error message

404 NOT FOUND

machine 2 Error message
HTTP Error 404.1 - File or directory not found: Web site not accessible on
the requested port.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

machine 3 Error message
Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'rolas.LoginFrm'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="loginFrm.aspx.cs"
AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="rolas.LoginFrm" %>
Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >
Line 3: <HTML>

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\rolas\loginfrm.aspx Line: 1

Cirrosi

You should go to iis, select the dir you created, open properties and create
web app.

KA Kueh

I have just manage to track down the problem. One server is running
Exchange 2003, another is running Sharepoint Services and the Third is
running URLSCAN. The first two is causing the problem because of ISAPI
filter running. The last one is because of URLSCAN blocking. Hopefully
this might be usefull for other users in the future. Thanks.

Regards,
Kueh