ASP.NET Timeout....

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by alien2_51, Jul 31, 2003.

  1. alien2_51

    alien2_51 Guest

    Can I extend this time out...? If so.. is it a bad idea..? I have a report
    that I'm running that is exceeding this timeout, I know.. optimize the
    report,
    it's not under my control, else I would.. I would like to setup a virtual
    directory with a
    large timeout to run all my reports in... What process is in charge of
    monitoring and recycling
    [aspnet_wp]..?

    OK.. I found out that yes I can override this in a configuration file...
    machine.config
    <processModel
    responseRestartDeadlockInterval="00:09:00"
    responseDeadlockInterval="00:03:00" /> <!-- = 180 sec -->

    This config setting I believe is inherited, don't know for sure... so now my
    question becomes can I
    override this in web.config....??? I'll probably have already answered that
    question myself, but I would still like to know
    if I could do something like this in my web.config if not, why.....

    <processModel responseDeadlockInterval="00:10:00"/>

    aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 1272) was recycled because it was suspected to be in a
    deadlocked state. It did not send any responses for pending requests in the
    last 180 seconds.

    alien2_51, Jul 31, 2003