ASP.Net will not render - Missing ISAPI mappings

john

Hi

I'm suddenly having a problem running ASP.Net apps from an XP Pro
laptop machine which was working fine.

The apps now just time out will not render anything in the Browser.

I have removed IIS and the Framework and then re-installed both (IIS
first) on several occasions but can't resolve the problem.

I have also run aspnet_regiis /r and again with /i

Looking at the ISAPI Mappings for the default project, there are only
about 10 entries (including just .asmx, .aspx from the .Net Framework).
On another - working - machine, there are over 40 extensions.

The problem seems to have started when I loaded a 3G/GPRS Network card
- I have since removed the network connection and operating software
associated with this card and re-installed IIS & the Framework yet
again, but still no joy.

Does anyone have any suggestions I might try? The prospect of
flattening and re-loading the entire machine doesn't bear thinking
about!

Thanks

John

john

Just as a follow up to the above, the ISAPI Mappings .asmx and .aspx
were added manually.

aspnet_regiis /i did not add any mappings.

Thanks

John