ASP Page on WSS Site, why dont they work?

Scott Townsend

I have the following code in a file called test.asp and when I run it I get
'Test'... Is there something about running .ASP Pages on a Web that is
running Windows Sharepoint Services?

Thanks,
Scott<-

------------

<head>
<title>Check out query string -</title>
</head>

Test
<% Response.write("Hello World") %>

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

Scott Townsend said:
I have the following code in a file called test.asp and when I run it I get
'Test'... Is there something about running .ASP Pages on a Web that is
running Windows Sharepoint Services?

Should work. Did you enable ASP in the web service extensions?

Scott Townsend

Thank you guys for your replies.

Though I do have other webs on the server that are running ASP pages. And
I've also checked the ASP Web Service Extension.

Its not like it is not executing the code, the HTML portion of the ASP pages
are getting displayed, its just like the ASP code is not getting Executed.

I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that it is a WSS site and all
the other pages are .ASPX or HTML pages...

Thanks,
Scott<-

Mark Schupp

If you "view source" do you see the ASP code?
Try a page with only VBScript on it.

<%@ Language=VBScript %>
<%
%>

What do you get?

--
--Mark Schupp
Head of Development

Mark Schupp

Your server is not processing ASP scripts. You will need to check your IIS
settings.
Make sure that ASP is enabled and that .asp and .asa extensions are mapped
to asp.dll

Scott Townsend

Thank you for your reply...

I've checked the http://server/BlockedFileType.aspx Blocked File Types, and
ASP is not listed. ASA, is however

On the Application Configuration, ASP files are mapped to:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\asp.dll
Though the verbs are limeted to: GET,HEAD,POST,TRACE

Hmmm

Thanks,
Scott<-