ASP Redirecting

Keith Patrick

#1 would ultimately be faster because you can only use relative paths with
Server.Transfer, and Server.Transfer is more efficient that
Response.Redirect.

But if you are only asking in terms of Response.Redirect, then I'm not sure.

ChrisN

Would you know how to do a Server.Transfer but in a way that would end up
calling my secure https page as opposed to my http one?

For example, I need to run:

Server.Transer("~/users/mypage.aspx")

and the result would be:

https://www.mysite.com/users/mypage.aspx

and not

http://www.mysite.com/users/mypage.aspx

I'm asking because I have a local version of my site that I would like to
test before updating. This way I'm trying to stick with realative paths as
opposed to full url's.

Thanks again,
Chris.

ChrisN

Thanks,

That's what I'm trying to do. What I'm stuck on is how to redirect using
server relative paths but making the result page use https as opposed to
http? I need to jump from a non-secure page to a secure user-login page.

Example:

Response.Redirect("~/users/mypage.aspx") =>
https://www.mysite.com/users/mypage.aspx

Any ideas?

Chris.