ASP Server 500 Error

cain

HI,

I am getting the following error, and after searching for several KB
articles, I have bee unsuccessful. Not even a clue.

VBScript runtime (0x800A01AD)
ActiveX component can't create object: 'Server.HTMLStuff'
/asp/server.asp, line 3

Here's the code I am trying to run, which the "Server" is a file
called "server.dll" which is in my C:\winnt\system folder. I am using
an ASP book for this, but I can't make out what I did wrong. Other
ASP pages on my server come up fine. Please let me know if you see
anything wrong. .

<%
Set MyClient = CreateObject("Server.HTMLStuff")
Response.write MyClient.WriteTags("Advanced Global Solutions. Home of
all your programming needs.", _
"Programming, Network Services")
%>

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to take the time to look at this.
Chris

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

No, unfortunately I have not. I'm not quite sure which .dll to
register?

Uh, what DLL belongs to "Server.HTMLStuff"? I couldn't find any reference
to that ProgID on the web, so it must be a DLL you have in-house.

cain

Ok, I completely spaced on that. Sorry, I created it using a
reference book I have. Do I have to register these each time I create
a DLL file? I wasn't aware that I had to do that, but it makes sense.

Thanks