ASPNET_WP.EXE Problem (Urgent)

Mukesh

Hi

I have developed small asp.net application. When i start using the
application, "ASPNET_WP.EXE" is loaded in to the process. Everytime i
refresh the page, it increases the memory for that process, which is never
reduce even after closing the browser. Does anybody know's the solution how
to avoid this problem???

Mukesh Patel

Natty Gur

Hi,

There is a known issue in CLR 1.0 regarding freeing allocated memory
blocks that large then 64K. The CLR memory management maintain heaps for
blocks that less then 64K and large then 64K. CLR don’t free blocks that
large then 64K but the process knows how reuse them. This issue solved
in CLR 1.1.
By the way I notice that sometimes when aspnet_wp grows it affects all
application performance. Restarting aspnet_wp solve the problem.

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
34th Elkalay st. Raanana
Israel , 43000