ASPX Designer doesn't work

Peter Morris

If I create a new ASP.NET website and then click the [Designer] tab at the
bottom the IDE freezes. Last night I uninstalled VS2008 and all other
related installations (MVC framework etc), this morning I reinstalled VS2008
and tried again and I still see the same behaviour!

Can anyone think what I might need to do to fix this? I really need to get
some work done this weekend and I need the designer to do it with :-(

Thanks

Pete

Marc

Peter Morris said:
If I create a new ASP.NET website and then click the [Designer] tab at the
bottom the IDE freezes. Last night I uninstalled VS2008 and all other
related installations (MVC framework etc), this morning I reinstalled
VS2008 and tried again and I still see the same behaviour!

Can anyone think what I might need to do to fix this? I really need to
get some work done this weekend and I need the designer to do it with :-(

I had this problem - Expression web wouldn't load.
For some reason repairing Office 2007 fixed it !
I had other errors - Try creating a new user on yout system and see if it
works under that account, or delete your Windows Profile (backup of course,
as it contains your MyDocs folder).

Visual Studio doesn't do a good job of uninstalling it's self. So any borked
settings remain in your profile.

Marc

Peter Morris

Removed office, tested, reinstalled office, tested; unfortunately it still
does not work at either point :-(

Does anyone else have any ideas? This is very detrimental for my
productivity. I'd appreciate *any* ideas of what to try at all, except
reinstalling Windows which obviously is a last resort.

Thanks

Pete

Marc

Peter Morris said:
Removed office, tested, reinstalled office, tested; unfortunately it still
does not work at either point :-(

Does anyone else have any ideas? This is very detrimental for my
productivity. I'd appreciate *any* ideas of what to try at all, except
reinstalling Windows which obviously is a last resort.

Did you try creating a new user account and testing it?

Also, when you uninstalled Visual Studio, did the "Visual Web Designer" get
uninstalled? This is listed seperatly on my system in Add/Remove programs.
Maybe that part of the program didn't get removed, and so didn't get
replaced?
Marc

Peter Morris

Hi Marc
Did you try creating a new user account and testing it?

Just tried, same problem there too.

Also, when you uninstalled Visual Studio, did the "Visual Web Designer"
get uninstalled?

I told VS to do a full installation.
This is listed seperatly on my system in Add/Remove programs. Maybe that
part of the program didn't get removed, and so didn't get replaced?

I don't see anything with that name in the add/remove list.

Peter Morris

Actuall I just found something with a similar name. I uninstalled it and
then installed
D:\WCU\WebDesignerCore

But now it is not in the list at all :-(

Peter Morris

Uninstalling/reinstalling did nothing. However, performing a repair did the
trick!

Thanks for your time!