ASPX Not Executing

A

Arpan

I am working on Win 2K Pro & use IIS 5.0 as the local server. I have installed Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 to create ASPX web pages (using VB.NET) but when I am trying to execute an ASPX code, the browser just displays the text, if any, and the entire ASPX code gets neglected. For e.g., consider the following simple ASPX code:

<%@ Page Language="VB" Debug="True" %>
<html>
<body>
<form runat="server">
Name : <asp:TextBox id="txtName" runat="server"/>
</form>
</body>
</html>

the output in the browser will only be

Name :

& nothing else. The textbox code doesn't get executed due to which the browser doesn't show any textbox. What could the possible problem be? Please do offer a concrete solution. Also please note that the installation of the .NET Framework went by smoothly without any hitches. Prior to installing Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1, Microsoft .NET Framework SDK (English) v1.0.2204 was installed in my machine. Since I experienced the same problem with Framework v1.0.2204 as I did with Framework 1.1, I uninstalled Framework v1.0.2204 & then installed Framework 1.1 hoping for some positive result but my efforts were futile. Is Framework v1.0.2204 the newer version or is Framework 1.1 the newer version? What is the latest version of Microsoft .NET Framework & from where can I download it?

Thanks,

Arpan

Ask a Question