ASPX page prompting for userid/pwd dialog box

vn

I have deployed a simple aspx application on my server(which has
windows2003 & iis6.0) and also deployed on my workstation(windows
2000workstation & iis5.0)
Application runs fine when tested inside of these machines. But if I
try to access this aspx page outside of this machine I get prompted
with userid/pwd. Once I enter these user/pwd,I see the aspx page
without any problem. Why do I get prompted?
Couple of things here:
All machines are networked, inside of firewall in our company.
I have granted anonymous access permission(IUSR) to my virtual website
and to the physical folder.
Please let me know if any of you have come across this problem? It has
stopped me from doing any further tests at this critical stage of
project..

Thanks
vn

Lowell Heddings

Check your web.config file for the Authentication section... you'll find
this line:

<authentication mode="Windows" />

If you have your own authentication mechanism you can change this to
None instead of Windows... but just make sure that you are properly
authenticating users.

Lowell

vn

Thanks Lowell , I had changed web.config authentication mode to forms
and this was causing some problem. Now its fine.