Assembly directive not working?

G Dean Blake

I wrote and deployed a control with the assembly name of GP to the GAC of
another dev box via drag and drop. a web page using this control has:
<%@ Register TagPrefix="cc1" Namespace="GP" Assembly="GP" %>

The docs and books I have say that this should be enough for the page to
find the assembly in the GAC at run time but it does not find it. I am
having to put a copy of my GP.dll in the ASP.NET application Bin directory
for it to work.

Why doesn't it find it in the GAC?
Thanks,