Asterisk in Python

sarmin kho

Hi Pythoners...

I am definitely confused with the use of asterisk (*) sign in python...
I quoted the following code from 'python cookbook' text book page 223 about 'running functions in the future'...

it says:
def __init__(self,func, *param):
bla bla bla...

then it says:
self.__result = func(*param):

it also says:
def Wrapper(self, func, param):
bla bla bla...

my question is : what is the asterisk (*) sign for and what is the different between 'param' and ' *param ' ??

many thanks Pythoners...

regards...
sarmin