auto deploy info

Aaron Lind

To Mike Moore,

In this forum you wrote in 2002:

"Currently there is no better method. That's why the white paper which
includes commentary on downloaded config files explicitly states that
care
should be taken that the config file never needs to be updated as it
will
never be updated even if a newer version is available. "

I was wondering if you could direct me to the location of the
white papers concerning this issue. I am using .net remoting and auto
deploy and currently have the server object urls's hard coded into
code (I am using interfaces as the go-between client and server." I
have seen some examples of using a helper function so that a config
file can be used but from what I've read this is something that I'm
not sure I would want to do now.

Thanks

Aaron