    example: www.maxsofmanila.com

    Thanks.
    George

    Maxwell, Mar 12, 2005

  2. I am sure this isn't the only reason, but one reason might be...

    Many browsers/firewalls have the ability to and are set to block graphics
    set to a specific size. Many banners are actually ads, and they often
    conform to certain size standards. Chopping the files into pieces, would
    probably bypass the browsers and firewalls that would otherwise stop the
    banner from displaying.

    Carolyn

    Carolyn Marenger, Mar 12, 2005

  3. There is a few other possibilities, such as mapping out the graphic into
    multiple links or sectioning it so that the people with 2400 baud modems can
    at least see part of the graphic before they grow old and senile... And
    there could always be the graphic designer that just figured out that he can
    slice graphics (like those that first discover Flash) and wants to use it on
    any graphic that is designed...

    Michael Haworth, Mar 13, 2005
  4. What are you talking about? Who are you talking to?

    Travis Newbury, Mar 13, 2005