Barcode Scanner

Rajani

I have tickets printed with barcode. When i scan that code is placed in a
text box of my form. How can i read from the scanner and put it in a specific
text box?

Or i directly want to insert into database. This is my actual requirement.

I tried at many sites. I didnt get reply. I am expecting the answer here.

Thanx in advance

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?UmFqYW5p?= wrote on 30 sep 2004 in
I have tickets printed with barcode. When i scan that code is placed
in a text box of my form. How can i read from the scanner and put it
in a specific text box?

Or i directly want to insert into database. This is my actual
requirement.

I tried at many sites. I didnt get reply. I am expecting the answer
here.

This is no website, but a usenet group, so you could be in luck.

1 Do you want to do this on a client
2 that runs under windows [what?XP?]
3 [browser/wscript?}
4 connected to the server?
5 [via internet/lan?]
6 and the server runs asp?
7 what/where is the output of your barcode reader?

The ASP part is on topic here.

Jeff Cochran

I have tickets printed with barcode. When i scan that code is placed in a
text box of my form. How can i read from the scanner and put it in a specific
text box?

Or i directly want to insert into database. This is my actual requirement.

You can't do that with ASP classic, it's handled client-side. As long
as the focus is on the text input when scanned, it drops into the
field automatically. You'd need a Submit button or to use a
client-side submit process, such as Javascript or ActiveX input to
send it to the server for processing into the database.

Check client-side groups for setting the focus on a form.

Jeff

dlbjr

<head>
<title>BARCODE SCAN</title>
</head>
<form action="myself.asp" method="post" name="form1">
<input type="text" id="barcode" name="barcode"
size="15" maxlength="15" onchange="submit();">
</form>

'dlbjr
'Pleading sagacious indoctrination!

Rajani

Hello,

Thak you all for replying. Yes, i want to run it in intranet site using
ASP. Yea, once it is scanned, i want to split into different parts(job,
empid, operation_no)
and placed in the corr form fields. Then i click submit button to insert
into database.
Here, i want to save time for data entry. Means, i dont want to click submit
button for every code scanned. After i scan all the codes then i click
submit. How can i generate form which is filled with scanned barcode. Like
grid.

Thanx again

dlbjr

<head>
<script language="javascript">
var strlist = "";

function addBarcode(){
if(strlist.length > 1){
strlist = strlist + ",";
}
strlist = strlist + form1.barcode.value;
form1.barcode.value = "";
list.innerHTML = strlist;
}

function kH(e) {
var pK = document.all? window.event.keyCode:e.which;
if(pK != 13){
return pK != 13;
}
else{
addBarcode();
setFocus();
return pK != 13;
document.onkeypress = kH;
if (document.layers) document.captureEvents(Event.KEYPRESS);

function setFocus(){
form1.barcode.focus();
}
</script>
<title>BARCODE SCAN</title>
</head>
<form action="" method="post" name="form1" id="Form1">
<input type="text" id="barcode" name="barcode"
size="15" maxlength="15" onchange="addBarcode();" onblur="setFocus();">
<input type="submit" value="Submit">
<input type="hidden" id="bclist" name="bclist"value="">
</form>