base href question

Jeff Thies

I have a template driven site, the template is full of images and links.

At some point (during a secure order) the user is redirected to a secure
server (different domain) using the same template.

Now, I want the links to point back to the old insecure domain. I could
use a base href to do that (links are all / relative, ie: /info.html) but
then the images (also root referenced) would be drawn from the insecure
domain and there might be a security warning.

Is there a way to use base href over just part of the page?

Is there another way out, or do I have to write full paths?

Jeff

Jukka K. Korpela

Jeff Thies said:
Is there a way to use base href over just part of the page?

No. The base element is allowed in the head part only, so it inevitably
applies to the entire page, and only one base element is allowed.
Is there another way out,

Not in HTML.
or do I have to write full paths?

Maybe you could use a preprocessor, but that's external to HTML.