base.OnLoad called, OnLoad not executed

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Fabio R., Mar 25, 2005.

  1. Fabio R.

    Fabio R. Guest

    Every webform in my application inherit from a base custom class.
    In this class I override the OnLoad method and call the base.Onload in it.
    Sometimes, the OnLoad in the webform is not executed after a form submit
    also if the base.OnLoad is called.

    It's the same behavior of pressing the "enter" key in a texfield within the
    form but I can see the submit button in the Request.Form collection, so is
    not that kind of problem.

    Today I get the same behavior using the "back" and the "next" browser's
    buttons:
    - I submitted the form and it worked
    - then I got back to the form page (with the "back" browser's button)
    - then I got back to form's previous page (with the "back" browser's button)
    - finally I returned to the form page (with the "next" browser's button)
    - here I submitted the form again but the OnLoad function of the form page
    isn't executed at all (while base.OnLoad was called) .

    I already encountered this random problem during normal site navigation, the
    above example is a strange way to reproduce it.

    I've also deleted all code in the OnLoad method of the custom base class,
    leaving only a base.OnLoad (e) call.

    Anyone has encountered the same problem or know how to solve it?
    Thanks in advance,
    Fabio

    Fabio R., Mar 25, 2005