base64 encoded sha1() string in openssl

Ram Prasad

Is there a function in openssl that will directly give me the base64
encoded sha1 string
like the perl function sha1_base64();

tom st denis

Is there a function in openssl that will directly give me the base64
encoded sha1 string
like the perl function sha1_base64();

Might be but I doubt it. Usually having the base64 encoding of a hash
isn't a useful thing to lug around. Instead you usually want to have
the base64 encoding of a signature or fully enveloped message.

You might want to consult the OpenSSL folk about how to accomplish
this with their library.

Tom