Basic ASP.NET question

Uzi

Hi All,

I have a system where there is one central server getting inputes (via
web services) from agents located on machines over the net. my
question is will an ASP.NET application be suitable to handle
receiving the clients updates. Why not? because the agents send
inputes all the time, even when no user is using the web application.
As I understand, if no activity is done on the site (i.e. no one is
viewing it from a browser) the aspnet process can get shut down by the
web server due to no activity (or just recycling). in other words, i
need the web application running at all times to be ready to receive
the agents inputs. Is there any simple solution for this?

Thanks,

Uzi

George Ter-Saakov

Those "inputes" will keep your application up as the browsers would.....
As long as they hitting aspx pages or webservices.... or anything that goes
through .NET

George.