basic question about tree

asit

Natural trees grow with their roots in the ground and their leaves in the air. why the tree in computer science is portrayed in the reverse manner ??

Jens Thoms Toerring

asit said:
Natural trees grow with their roots in the ground and their leaves in the
air. why the tree in computer science is portrayed in the reverse manner ??

Because, if you idly lay under a tree in the sunshine, staring
holes in the air and pondering new algorithms (at least while
not dozing), that's just the way the tree looks to you;-)

Regards, Jens

Drew Lawson

Natural trees grow with their roots in the ground and their leaves
in the air. why the tree in computer science is portrayed in the
reverse manner ??

Because they are Australian.

Aside from that, I've seen data trees presented as growing up, down
or sideways.

If you are assembling one on a chalk/whiteboard, it is often easier
to work top to bottom, since that is how most writing procedes. It
is also a more natural order for reading, at least in western
languages.