BC31011 Compilation Error

Mythran

I'm getting this error and Microsoft's site states that the way we are using our
libraries is unsupported and the error is by design (go figure). My setup is
simple and why it isn't supported is completely unclear to me.

1.) 2 Web Sites in solution, 1 DAL library, 1 BLL library, 1 Schema library (all
in same solution).

2.) DAL and BLL libraries are inheriting ServicedComponent, referencing and
importing System.EnterpriseServices, using the Transaction attribute with
TransactionOption.Required as the transaction option parameter. All public
methods are marked with the AutoComplete() attribute. All libraries have a
strong name.

If I remove the transaction support, and remove the strong name, the error goes
away. If I give it back the transaction support, I have to give them a strong
name (by design). The only way to get this to work, by Microsoft, is to install
these libraries into the GAC. They can't have a strong name and be located in
the bin directory.

My setup has them stored in the bin directory and not in the GAC. Especially for
development and debugging reasons. I have found a workaround that allows the
error to be bypassed, but am still curious as to why this error occurrs and why
the heck strong name assemblies *must* be installed into the GAC.

TO FIX ERROR:
Compile the source then execute the code, when you get the error, change the
code somehow (I just put a space at the end of a line that has code on it) then
recompile the code. The temporary files will be updated with the new code and
can now precompile correctly and load the assembly. After any change is made,
the error will probably come back, you'll need to change the code again and
recompile after loading the assembly so the error can go away.

Now, compile-load-compile-load gets old very quickly, anyone have a better
solution?

The exact error is below:

Compilation Error
service this request. Please review the following specific error details and
modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC31011: Unable to load referenced library
'c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\temporary asp.net
files\countywebadmin\478fda97\b3537147\assembly\dl2\95c7fad3\1d1aaa53_b3fcc301\mc
is.applications.countyweb.dal.dll': Access is denied.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: vbc : Line: 0