Beginner Help

Guest

What is a good online resource for beginners with ASP? In the past I've
mostly worked with Office based applications and VB and I'm having a really
hard time figuring out ASP on my own.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Guest

Buy one of the FriendsOfEd Foundation books: "Foundation Dreamweaver MX with
ASP" (or ASP.NET.)
Work through all of the exercises and you'll be on your way.

Personally, I'd suggest starting with ASP.NET instead: Microsoft has the
free Express versions of their IDE and SQL Server, and a lot of great
tutorials on www.asp.net.

-KF

Aemca

allenj3 said:
What is a good online resource for beginners with ASP? In the past I've
mostly worked with Office based applications and VB and I'm having a
really

The nr1 book out there is: asp.net unleashed.

Have a look at it at for instance amazon.

Online places to go:
learnasp.com
4guysfromrolla.com
asp101.com

Guest

Thank you so much for the suggestions!!!

Buy one of the FriendsOfEd Foundation books: "Foundation Dreamweaver MX with
ASP" (or ASP.NET.)
Work through all of the exercises and you'll be on your way.

Personally, I'd suggest starting with ASP.NET instead: Microsoft has the
free Express versions of their IDE and SQL Server, and a lot of great
tutorials on www.asp.net.

-KF

Neo

I would suggest start with small project and google whenever you get
stuck. That way you will learn lot of thins. and then go for advance
book.