Beginner needs starter advice with web app. idea

Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I want to create a web page for guitar players and musicians in general which shows chord fingerings and maps out lots of harmonic stuff for songwriters in general - kind of like what's out there already but a whole lot better with more features. I envision a page with graphics and buttons and text areas, in short a multi featured app on a web page.

I have a little experience with web pages and HTML, and also am totally confident about writing algorithms to do the harmonic functionality in Python, in fact I've already written some of them, with a view to making a GUI based standalone version with wxPython (which I'm learning slowly).

But I have no idea how to implement something like this on a web page. Is this something that Jython would be good for, or do I need to bite the bullet and start to learn JavaScript?

What about having the harmonic data and algorithms on the server, and setting up the web page to simply fetch and display results based on what this code returns? Sorry if this sounds totally naive, it's an area that I know absolutely nothing about but am very keen to learn.