Beginner

jojo80011

Hello, I would like to learn Java. Can anyone suggest a learning path
for me? Thank you in advance.

Joe

Sanny

Hello, I would like to learn Java. Can anyone suggest a learning path
for me? Thank you in advance.

Joe

Get a Book Read it thats Simple you can learn Java in 2 days its that
simple.

Hendrik Maryns

Sanny schreef:
Get a Book Read it thats Simple you can learn Java in 2 days its that
simple.

Hm, I don’t think that was valuable advice. There are very good books
available, and the tutorials on the Sun website are very fine to get
into it:
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/gettingstarted.html

H.
--
Hendrik Maryns
==================

jojo80011

Sanny schreef:

Hm, I don't think that was valuable advice. There are very good books
available, and the tutorials on the Sun website are very fine to get
into it:http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/http://mindprod.com/jgloss/gettingstarted.html

H.
--
Hendrik Marynshttp://tcl.sfs.uni-tuebingen.de/~hendrik/
==================http://aouw.org

signature.asc
1KDownload

Thank you for your advice. Also, what is the most current version of
the JDK?

Knute Johnson

jojo80011 said:
Hello, I would like to learn Java. Can anyone suggest a learning path
for me? Thank you in advance.

Joe

Besides the excellent java tutorial that somebody else mentioned, start
writing programs. The best way to learn something is to use it. Start
with the old "Hello World" and work from there.

You can get the latest JDK from sun.java.com. Look on the right side of
that page and you will see a link to Java SE under Popular Downloads.
Go to that page and get JDK 6 and install it. I like vim for a text
editor because it works on Windows and Linux but just about any editor
will work just fine.

Start writing code now!

jojo80011

Besides the excellent java tutorial that somebody else mentioned, start
writing programs.  The best way to learn something is to use it.  Start
with the old "Hello World" and work from there.

You can get the latest JDK from sun.java.com.  Look on the right side of
that page and you will see a link to Java SE under Popular Downloads.
Go to that page and get JDK 6 and install it.  I like vim for a text
editor because it works on Windows and Linux but just about any editor
will work just fine.

Start writing code now!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I taught myself Visual
Basic and C# by just doing it as well.

Mark Space

Sanny said:
Get a Book Read it thats Simple you can learn Java in 2 days its that
simple.

Oh really? Two days? Is that why you've been asking so many questions
for the past two months, Sanny?

Please be real.

Dear Jojo80011: Here are some links for you to try. First the best is
probably www.Javapassion.com. There are some good classes you can take
online and for free. The intro one is probably best for you.

http://www.javapassion.com/
http://www.javapassion.com/javaintro/

Second, if you like books, _Learning Java_ by O'Reilly is good for the
beginner. It's well organized and fairly complete introduction to the
language.

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/learnjava3/

Next, the Sun tutorials are good too, although they don't always go into
enough detail, so I recommend the Javapassion website and O'Reilly first.

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/

Lastly, don't ignore Google. You can look up most classes in the Java
API quickly with Google and "java classname se 6".

http://www.google.com/
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/

Good luck.

jdtart

Get a Book Read it thats Simple you can learn Java in 2 days its that
simple.

2 days, ha ha... sure, for extremely simple single class programs
maybe...

I agree with everyone, run through some of the tutorials on Sun, and
by all means, use the great API Documentation they have.