Best way to force a JComponent to repaint itself

Arne Vajhøj

Peter said:
Not only should you feel flattered, I find it very amusing to see "zerg"
now wasting all of his time trying to parse the NewsMaestro posts. The
guy _really_ has a problem paying attention; it's like he's impervious
to reality or something. :)

I would say that he has shown himself incapable of being
the judge in a Turing test !

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

zerg said:
Joshua Cranmer wrote:
Oops. Joshua Cranmer was not supposed to write anything at all. I have
made it clear to him that I have no interest in any of his so-called
"advice"; regardless of its content, its method of delivery renders it
completely unpalatable.

That he has posted again despite knowing that doing so cannot serve his
stated intent of giving me advice, it follows that he was lying and that
his true intent is merely to smear me in public.

This is completely unacceptable behavior, not to mention that it
flagrantly violates the newsgroup's charter, and therefore his internet
service provider will shortly be notified of his behavior, which likely
violates their Terms of Service.

If you think anyone cares about your orders, then I strongly
suggest that you seek professional help.
I find that surprising. And given your recent propensity for telling
bald-faced lies about me, and your pal Arne's dishonest manipulation of
the quoted material in another post to make it look like I'd said
something that I hadn't, I also don't trust you or any of the others
that act very much like you. So I hope you won't mind if I test that for
myself before believing it.

That is quite easy. Code has already been posted in another thread.

So please run it and reply that it was running fine and you were wrong.

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

Lars said:
No wonder. He is the same person who posted as Twisted and a batch of
other nicks in this group and other groups. He has proven again and
again that he has a very poor grasp of reality.

Hmm. Let me see.

Post general - V
Consider himself being attacked assorted - V
Think he must confirm his negligence - V
Extremely customary at making a loser out of himself - V
Talk a lot about contemplating to peoples ISP - V
Tries to order children to stop replying to him - V
Never defends he is hidden - V
Claims he is a bitch even though indications say anyhow - V
Replaces paycheck in what he commenting on with standard rib - V
Interest in anonymizers - V

10 out of 10

You make a damn humorous case Lars !!

Arne

"How can we return the occupied territories?
There is nobody to return them to."

--- Golda Meir,
March 8, 1969.

Arne Vajhøj

(Arne misquotes me here. He quotes me quoting something by Joshua that I
never actually quoted.)

Now you're being brazenly dishonest and exceedingly rude. Shame on you!

No. All quoting is correct. Everyone quoted wrote that in that order.

Oh - you tried to cover up you stupidness by cutting some quoting
out. But we did not fell for such childish trick.
That is a vicious lie! I demand that you retract it and apologize at
once, in public, right here.

I think you need to see a professional about that weird ideas of
yours that you can order people to do anything.

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

zerg said:
(Some unimportant trimming)

Then you don't mind me putting it back in.
As I suspected.

No.

Lasse's conclusion was that a JButton does work.

And your assumption about Swing and AWT was wrong.

(the fact that using JButton requires the presence of the JButton
class should be obvious even to you)

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

Lars said:
No wonder. He is the same person who posted as Twisted and a batch of
other nicks in this group and other groups. He has proven again and
again that he has a very poor grasp of reality.

Hmm. Let me see.

Post anonymous - V
Consider himself being attacked unjust - V
Think he must defend his reputation - V
Extremely good at making a fool out of himself - V
Talk a lot about complaining to peoples ISP - V
Tries to order people to stop replying to him - V
Never admits he is wrong - V
Claims he is a programmer even though indications say otherwise - V
Replaces text in what he commenting on with standard text - V
Interest in games - V

10 out of 10

You make a damn good case Lars !!

Arne

zerg

Joshua said:
I never accused you of being Twisted, because I think the evidence
overwhelmingly indicates you aren't, including, notably, writing styles
and posting means.

Note that I said "you (collective)"; specific exceptions may occur.
Aioe munges the headers to protect identity. Timing of posts do
correlate to the idea that said identities are posting near each other
longitudinally

Are you really sure? A 16 hours up, 8 hours down duty cycle for the
average human being only really lets you eliminate about 1/3 of the
planet's surface. And if you have the kind of luck that I usually enjoy,
that third will happen to be the Pacific Ocean.

zerg

Lars said:
I think you're wrong about this.

And I KNOW that YOU'RE wrong about this.
Any changes in writing style are made
in an attempt to disguise the fact that zerg is Twisted. He even
pretends to argue with Twisted, but that is just a sham.

Actually, I'd say it's more that Twisted has argued with me. I haven't
done anything intentionally to offend the guy. Whatever you did to him
that has him on such a hair trigger probably requires one hell of an
apology though!

(Lars has nothing else worthwhile to say -- just a large paragraph of
pointless personal attacks directed against Twisted)

zerg

Unfortunately, this is a very common and exceptionally aggravating
tendency of both Arne-hole and one other drone whom I shall not name
out of concern that doing so may attract him to start posting here.
Believe me, you *definitely*

Whoa. Bold.

test

*test*
(Arne had nothing worthwhile to say in response to this.)

I'd recommend either just trimming such crap silently, or if there was
a personal attack in there replacing it with "[insults deleted]" and
responding with a blanket statement that there was no truth in any of
those insults. The less specific, the better, as it gives it a low
cross-section for them to attack.

You might also try a bit more active fighting-back by saying,
basically, "I know you are but what am I?", though not in so many
words due to the childish-comeback-in-the-school-playground
association factor. So, if someone calls you a liar you go "no,
*you're* the liar", which is perfectly true since presumably their
calling you a liar was, in fact, a lie ...

I'll take these suggestions under advisement.

zerg

even if he [insult deleted]

Aww, and then you had to go and spoil it with that.

No.

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

Hoo boy. That was not really meant to be a negative judgment or anything
of the sort, just an observation.

zerg

I haven't read this entire thread, so far, just jumped to the bits where
my name comes up, but let me guess anyway: [Joshua] and several other
newsgroup regulars have been pontificating on matters they know little
about, presuming to speak for everybody in the entire newsgroup if not
the world, and generally behaving like twerps and so-and-sos?

That's about the size of it. How'd you guess? Let me speculate --
they've done this sort of thing lots of times before and they are
completely incapable of changing their ways? Thought as much. Sigh.

I believe that inheritance does not represent an is-a relationship in a
few fairly rare, mostly shoddy cases, and that it does the rest of the time.
You may find that a surprising number of people believe as you claim
Zerg does, some of them well-respected in OOP circles.

Bjarne Stroustrup is apparently one of them, since C++ has "private"
inheritance (and protected, too).

Actually, I'd mentioned that already somewhere.
I agree though that this is a misfeature of C++ language; delegation
and composition should be used instead of inheritance for this sort of
thing.

Likewise. Too bad we sometimes have to work with bad code written by
other people long-since-fired.

zerg

Lars Enderin wrote:
You [insult deleted], Twisted!
No, Lars is the stupid one, as evidenced by his thinking that clearly-
attributed paragraph of Zerg's was posted by me instead.
I didn't AGREE with Lars, I just QUOTED him ...

Verbatim. And didn't contradict it. So I need to rebut the insult all
over again, since someone who reads your post and sees it in there is
most likely to also see a rebuttal if such a rebuttal appears in a
direct reply to your post.

Argh. That complicates things, but I guess you're right. I know I
wouldn't like to see tons of nonsense about me repeated and quoted ad
nauseam.

I'll try to trim insults directed at you or anyone else here (well,
anyone else that hasn't badly mistreated me recently, anyway).
Shit.

Clear your calendar?
Shit.

It's that, or (if they're determined enough) watch them demolish your
reputation by spreading vile, filthy, completely bogus rumors about
you until eventually you can't get a job, can't buy food, starve, and
die.

If it gets bad enough, I'll just ditch this relatively brain-dead news
provider and find a better one. I doubt any of these twizzle-sticks
(nice one, by the way!) could track down who "zerg" really is even if
offered a few zillion bucks by Bill Gates or somebody to do so.

I haven't much invested in this particular news account, so it's
somewhat expendable, though having to change would be rather annoying.

zerg

He should do no such thing. I have done nothing wrong and I will not
put up with accusations like Joshua's.

That was a hypothetical -- IF Joshua's charges against you were actually
true, which you seem to dispute. If his charges are false, and after how
he's treated ME lately I can believe that they might well be, then
obviously what I said above does not turn out to apply.
I object: I am not a thorn.

Again, IF. If you're not a thorn, then there is no need for anyone to
killfile you.
Don't waste your breath. I don't think most of these clowns are
capable of learning or of original thought. :p

Unfortunately, I'm beginning to suspect that you're right about that.

Lars Enderin

zerg said:
The only obscenities that concern me right now are the ones being
directed at me.

I'd reply to Arne's original little piles of nasty lies if I had them
here to reply to; given the constraints of reality, I'll settle for
replying to the slightly more coherent and less nasty substitute posts.

Still, curse that NewsMaestro for robbing me of the ability to make my
rebuttals appear as direct responses to Arne's vicious lies!

You must be Twisted -- nobody else would call what Arne writes "vicious
lies".
I don't know how it is done, but many of Arne's post seem to have
disappeared from c.l.j.p as seen via aoie.org, but not from my normal
news server or from Google Groups. That you still feel compelled to
reply to the fake posts is a strong indication that you are indeed
Twisted/reckoning54/twerpinator/...etc. Such an obsession is not
healthy, but that is what Twisted does all the time. He even "rebuts"
the same (always true) statements both in the original and in any later
posts where they are quoted. Arne listed ten points of similarity
between zerg and Twisted, which may have been corrupted by NewsMaestro,
but they were right on the dot. If you are in fact somebody else than
Twisted, you should think twice about trusting anything he writes.
Nobody in his right mind can believe his "counterattacks".

samvaknin

Hi,

For a more detailed view of pathological narcissism and the
Narcissistic
Personality Disorder (NPD) - click on these links:

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/npdglance.html

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/narcissismglance.html

Other Personality Disorders

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/faqpd.html

Pathological Narcissism and Other Mental Health Disorders

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/faq82.html

NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder) and AsPD (Antisocial
Personality
Disorder, Psychopathy, or Sociopathy)

http://samvak.tripod.com/personalitydisorders16.html

http://samvak.tripod.com/personalitydisorders15.html

Cyber Narcissist

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/journal67.html

The Narcissist as Know-it-all

The Narcissist as VAMPIRE or MACHINE

Narcissists and Psychopaths Devalue Their Psychotherapists

Violent, Vindictive, Sadistic, and Psychopathic Narcissists

Portrait of the Narcissist as a Young Man

Grandiosity, Fantasies, and Narcissism

Narcissists and Emotions

Narcissists and Mood Disorders

Sam

zerg

Lars said:
You must be Twisted

Sorry -- wrong again.
nobody else would call what Arne writes "vicious lies".

Well, I hate to break the news to you, but someone else just *did*.
a strong indication that you are indeed Twisted

Nope. Sorry. And your repeated, *identical* wrong guesses are getting
very tiresome indeed.

(Lars has nothing else worthwhile to say here.)

reckoning54

And I KNOW that YOU'RE wrong about this.

For those confused by the above -- zerg is NOT me.

These are lies.
Actually, I'd say it's more that Twisted has argued with me. I haven't
done anything intentionally to offend the guy. Whatever you did to him
that has him on such a hair trigger probably requires one hell of an
apology though!

It does indeed, and I have yet to receive that apology.
(Lars has nothing else worthwhile to say -- just a large paragraph of
pointless personal attacks directed against Twisted)

This, you'll find, is entirely normal with Lars.

(Missed me? I was away on business for two weeks.)